SaaS Merchant Account Experts
Last Updated on October 26, 2023 by Corepay
Software as a service(SaaS) is one of the most profitable industries in the world today. With companies such as Salesforce, Ahrefs, Semrush, and Mailchimp reaching all-time highs in 2023, thousands of startups are looking to do the same. That’s where we come in at Corepay. Billing for SaaS companies is challenging as the industry often uses a recurring business model.
At Corepay, we frequently work with SaaS companies and understand exactly what you need from a payment processing partner.
- Corepay offers tailored credit card processing solutions for SaaS businesses, addressing the challenges that many merchant services companies do not work with the SaaS industry due to perceived risks and high chargeback rates.
- SaaS is considered high-risk.
- Using Paypal for your SaaS business is not wise as it’s high-risk.
- You can apply today with us and have a member of our team respond to you swiftly.
What Is A Saas Merchant Account
A SaaS merchant account is a special account you need to process online payments from your customers. It is essentialy your bank account, which enables you to receive customer payments, and it is tailored to your needs as a SaaS company.
Merchant accounts vary regarding approval ratios, transaction fees, rolling reserves, and anti-chargeback options.
At Corepay, we pride ourselves in transparency and are happy to say that we offer extremely low rates and our proprietary anti-chargeback suite.
Why Is Saas High-Risk?
Here’s a quick rundown of why banks and processors view your company as high-risk.
SaaS businesses often rely on recurring billing models. This method involves customers being charged regularly, usually monthly, for continued access to a service. It’s a fantastic revenue generator, but it also increases the risk of chargebacks.
Chargebacks are a reversal of a payment by credit card processors at a customer’s request. This is high-risk for SaaS businesses due to the nature of their services.
Here’s a few reasons why chargebacks occur in the SaaS industry:
- Subscriptions: The recurring nature of subscriptions can lead to disputes if customers need to remember about them or no longer find value in the service.
- Digital Goods: As SaaS companies sell intangible goods, proving product delivery can be difficult.
- Fraud: Online businesses are more susceptible to credit card fraud, resulting in chargebacks.
- : Unsatisfied customers: Chargebacks can occur if customers believe the service didn’t meet their expectations
- Fraudulent activities can lead to devastating financial losses and damage your business’s reputation if not mitigated. Working with a chargeback management company is crucial to fighting fraud. Our partner product, CB-ALERT, offers chargeback management for all our clients.
When applying for a SaaS payment processing account with Corepay, you’ll find the process streamlined and straightforward, ensuring you can start accepting payments promptly.
To ensure seamless integration and partnership, we will need the following information:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Voided Check or Proof of Bank Accounts (e.g., a signed bank letter containing account and routing numbers)
- Organizational Chart, if applicable
- Comprehensive Personal and Business Financial History
- Previous Processing Statements, if relevant
- Verification of a Website that Complies with Regulation
The more information you can provide us, the faster we can approve you.
Corepay – Your Saas Payment Processing Experts
When it comes to reliable and efficient payment processing for your SaaS business, Corepay is the expert you can trust. We offer transparent pricing and low rates and are also a registered ISO in the USA and Europe.
Here’s a quick rundown of what we bring to our business operations clients when it comes to payment processing:
- Competitive Processing Rates: We know how important it is to offer you the most competitive processing fees.
- Swift Approval Times: We understand the urgency of securing sales and prioritizing fast approvals. In most cases, we can approve within 24-72 hours.
- High-Volume Processing: Through our advanced payment gateway, Netvalve, we’ve designed a solution for high-risk companies handling substantial transaction volumes. You can rely on our platform’s ability to accommodate your business’s upward trajectory.
- Acceptance of Multiple Currencies: We recognize the global nature of your business. That’s why we empower you to accept payments in various currencies, expanding your reach and making it more convenient for your customers.
- Robust Security Measures: Your business’s security is our top priority. Our PCI-Level 1 secure payment gateway undergoes continuous monitoring and rigorous security testing, ensuring uninterrupted protection for your transactions.
- Mobile Payment Capabilities: We seamlessly adapt to the mobile revolution, allowing you to accept customer payments using their mobile devices. This caters to evolving consumer preferences.
- Transparent Pricing: We believe in keeping things clear and simple. We don’t charge application, setup, or annual fees.
- 24/7 Customer Service: Providing outstanding customer service is our pride. Our dedicated support team is available around the clock and ready to address your inquiries or concerns.
Can You Use Paypal?
Using Paypal for your payment processing in the SaaS industry is not wise, especially if you are experiencing chargebacks.
Paypal typically only works with low-risk companies, and due to the high-risk nature of SaaS companies, you could wind up with a frozen or terminated account.
Please fill out the application below for a quick quote from our staff. We can take your payment processing to the next level while saving you money on fees.
We appreciate you following Corepay’s blog. Let’s collaborate, send us your article suggestions, questions, and/or feedback to: [email protected].